About Dr. Knox
Learn more about Dr. Knox
MEET DR. KNOX
Dr. Samantha Knox is a Licensed Professional Counselor in DC, a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in Maryland, and a National Certified Counselor. She completed her doctoral studies in Counselor Education and Supervision at Marymount University in Arlington, VA where her dissertation focus was on Previously Incarcerated African American Mothers and Attachment. She received her Masters in Counseling/ Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Trinity Washington University in Washington, DC, and a Bachelors in Elementary Education from Dillard University in New Orleans, LA.
Featured Academic Presentations
- Knox, S. (2018, November) School based interventions for African American children who have incarcerated parents. National Alliance of Black School Educators, Baltimore, MD.
- Knox, S. (2017, October). Attachment and previously incarcerated African American women. European Branch- American Counseling Association, Budapest, Hungary.
- Plummer, L., Perry, L., Hilliard, T., Williams, L., Clay, S., Matthews, K., Knox, S. (2016, November). Culturally and linguistically appropriate self-care coping strategies for African American women in mental health. Maryland Counseling Association, Glen Burnie, MD.
- Campos, M., Knox, S., Lee, D., Matthews, K., Plummer, L., & Sanchez, R. (2016, October). Incorporating traditional spiritual practice into the counseling experience. European Branch- American Counseling Association, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Knox, S. (2018, November) Attachment and previously incarcerated African American mothers. Maryland Counseling Association, Lithicum, MD.
- Knox, S, & Sanchez, R. (2016, October). Teaching resiliency through racial socialization: Implications for counselors. European Branch- American Counseling Association, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Campos, M., Knox, S., Lee, D., Matthews, K., Plummer, L., & Sanchez, R. (2015, November). Incorporating traditional spiritual practice into the counseling experience. Virginia Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Graduate Student Conference, Arlington, VA.
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital
Unfortunately, our R St. office is not ADA compliant. If you are in need of accommodations, please let us know in your initial email.